- What Personal Information Does the App Collect? Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Application, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Provide us with information on downloading the Application;
- Use the Application, which results in the automatic collection of information such as whether your compatible Device (“Device”) is used to send a text message when you are Driving; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- Your full name, user ID, Application Password, or other identifying information the Application requests or that you choose to provide to us;
- The identifiers of the Device on which you use the Application;
- Contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or e-mail address;
- When the Application is activated, it A collects a record of the number of minutes your Device is in a Vehicle that is moving over 7.5 km/hour, (“Driving”), and the number of times that your Device is used to send a text message while in a vehicle that is Driving. To determine whether your vehicle is Driving, while the Application is active it will also collect real time information regarding the location of your Device, for example, what city you are in, the street you are driving on, and the precise longitude and latitude you are located at;
- If you use the Application on an Android Device, the phone number of a person who texts you while the Application is active and you are Driving, for the sole purpose of sending them a response text indicating that you are driving.
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us or to the Application.
- How Company Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct market research and surveys;
- To conduct promotional activities, including contests in association with the Application;
- To improve our products, services and Application;
- Supply you with requested information;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter for example if we are subject to a subpoena, court order, or the information is requested by the police or another law enforcement entity or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING INSTANCES WHERE YOUR DEVICE WAS USED TO SEND A TEXT MESSAGE DURING A DRIVING SESSION, MAY BE DISCLOSED IF REQUIRED BY LAW, OR IF REQUIRED TO COOPERATE WITH THE AUTHORITIES IN THE CONTEXT OF AN INVESTIGATION OF A POSSIBLE BREACH OF THE LAW.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to operate computer systems on our behalf. When Personal Information is transferred to a such a third party service provider, that party will be contractually bound to use such Personal Information only to carry out the services we have requested, and to provide protection for the Personal Information.
- Social Widgets, and How Company Collects Information Through Technological Means
The Application may contain third party plug-ins and/or applications, and/or links to third-party websites that are not owned, controlled or operated by Company, including without limitation, social media plug-ins, and the Application may also include links to third-party ads on the Application or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (collectively, “Third-Party Applications”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties. Company may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Third-Party Applications, and Company does not assume any obligation to review any Third-Party Applications. Company does not necessarily endorse, approve, or sponsor any Third-Party Applications, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Company is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Third-Party Applications. Finally, Company will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these Third-Party Applications. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Third-Party Applications. Company disclaims all liability in connection therewith. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Third-Party Applications or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Company disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above. Personal Information we collect is maintained at Cummins and Partners, Toronto, ON, Twilio and The Dilawri Foundation. .
We retain Personal Information that we collect for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards which meet these requirements.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Application, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. All third parties that obtain Personal Information from us (e.g. service providers that perform functions on our behalf) are required to protect your confidentiality and Personal Information in a manner consistent with this policy, and/or as required by law.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the Personal Information.
- Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Company and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
- Children and Parents
Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
- Third Party Websites
- How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to 133 King Street East, Toronto, ON M5C 1G6
or [firstname.lastname@example.org]. You may also call us at [647-789-2950].